A CLEVER WAY TO MEASURE VOLUMES
Answering the rise in environmental awareness, cost of spaces, growth in adoption of recycling strategies, the estimation of volumes its crucial in every single step on the waste management chain: collection, transportation, processing and disposal/recycling.
*European Commission 2018
In order to improve the reception facilities in maritime ports, CLEVER – Volume is a solution for the automatic and remote calculation of volumes of solid waste.
#1 – Active data acquisition based on terrestrial LIDAR technology for high-resolution geometric documentation;
#2 – Automatic and remote volumes calculation using our designed and implemented algorithm specifically for these type of cases;
#3 – An automatic system creation of reports with the capacity of online publishing (HTML).
In addition to its ability to work remotely and automatically, CLEVER-Volume versatility supports its adaptation to significant changes in scene configuration and the implementation of future sub-processes of classification of residues based on geometry.
Our Solution can implement two distinct sensor kits:
• Laser Scanner – LIDAR technology is used for accurate and reliable computation of physical elements. Its active nature, regardless of lighting conditions and its effective response to most materials and surfaces, propose an ideal technique for these challenges;
• Photogrammetry – Cameras provide an effective response to waste type qualification by capturing the colour of different bags.
CLEVER-Volume also includes a solution for solid-waste classification based on superficial colour for the volume estimation of several types of waste.
• Port of Barcelona
• Engineering companies, Portugal
• Monthly/ Yearly Subscription Model (Plus Premium accounts)
• Multiple devices with only one login
• Automatic updates of the software
• Remote access from anywhere in the world
• Daily/ weekly backups of all data produced
• Architecture, Construction and Engineering
• Forestry Production
• Mining and Quarrying
• Smart Catalonia Challenge Pilot Award 2019 – Port of Barcelona, Solution CLEVER-Volume